Tribunal Awards & ACAS Settlements

ETA & ACAS Enforcement

If you have been awarded an employment tribunal award or ACAS settlement in the last six years and the respondent has failed to make payment, you can use the services of a High Court Enforcement Officer to enforce your award or settlement.

In May 2009, the then Justice Secretary Jack Straw announced that there would be new measures to improve the payment of employment tribunal awards through a new employment tribunal fast-track system. This decision came about following research conducted by the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The research showed that 39% of tribunal awards granted failed to receive any payment, and only 53% were paid in full.

The Employment Tribunal fast-track system has made it simpler and quicker to instruct a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) to begin the enforcement process. The HCEO will act on your behalf to arrange the issue of a writ of control and attempt to recover the monies due from the respondent.

A writ of control is the most cost-effective approach to recovering what’s owed, as although there is a Court fee of £66 payable to issue the writ of control this is recoverable from the respondent along with the enforcement fee’s meaning the maximum you will pay is £66.

What to do next?

Simply complete our Employment Tribunal/ACAS Settlement instruction form which will act as your instruction authorising our High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) to act on your behalf then return to us along with a copy of your original order.

Next Step…

If you’re ready to begin the transfer up / instruction process or if you have any questions about the service then please select one of the following options: