European Judgment Enforcement

European Judgment Enforcement

European judgments can be enforced using a writ of control once a European Enforcement Order (EEO) has been obtained.

An EEO is a certificate which enables judgments, Court settlements and authentic instruments on uncontested claims to be recognised and enforced automatically in another EU Member State, without any intermediate proceedings. An example would be a money order obtained in France, where the creditor wants to enforce the order against a defendant’s assets in England or Wales.

A claimant can obtain a European Enforcement Order certificate from the Court that awarded the judgment. Once the EEO has been awarded, the creditor can use any method of enforcement that would typically be available to a judgment creditor in that member state.

A High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) can be instructed to enforce any European Enforcement Orders over £600 by executing the order against assets of the defendant anywhere in England or Wales under a writ of control.

If you are looking to enforce a European judgment or wish to enquire about this service, call our team who will be happy to help.

Next Step…

If you’re ready to begin the transfer up / instruction process or if you have any questions about the service then please select one of the following options: