Step 3 – Eviction

Residential Eviction Service

If your tenant refuses to vacate the property even after a possession order has been granted, we can arrange for the eviction and removal of your tenant.

Tenant evictions are carried out by either the County Court Bailiffs or High Court Enforcement Officers.

County Court Bailiffs (CCB)

Upon your instructions, we can instruct the County Court Bailiffs to evict your tenant by applying for a warrant for possession at the County Court. It is not uncommon to experience delays of 6 – 12 weeks in the enforcement of the warrant due to workloads and limited resources.

High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEO)

Our experienced team of High Court Enforcement Officers will evict your tenants under a writ of possession, with enforcement of the writ often being carried out within 7 days. If you have been awarded rent arrears on your order for possession, you can use High Court Enforcement Officers to enforce the money element of your order at the same time as the eviction.

Requesting Permission

Landlords wishing to instruct High Court Enforcement Officers to evict their tenant can only do so once they have been granted permission from the County Court. Requesting permission is made using application notice N244.

For more information about evicting residential tenants using the High Court, please see our free guide; enforcement of residential possession orders in the High Court.

Unlawful Evictions

The only way you can legally evict your tenant is to instruct either the CCB or HCEO to enforce the order under a writ or a warrant of possession.

Any other way would be deemed unlawful, and landlords could find themselves committing a criminal offence.

Next Step…

If you’re ready to instruct us or if you have any questions regarding this service, then please select one of the following options: