Writ of Control

Writ of Control (Money Judgments)

A writ of control (formally known as a writ of fieri facias) is enforced by a High Court Enforcement Officer for the recovery of a money judgment, order or award.

A writ of control commands a High Court Enforcement Officer to take control of (in other words seize) goods belonging to the judgment debtor to satisfy the debt either by way of payment of the balance or the sale of goods taken into control usually by public auction.

There are many advantages of using a High Court Enforcement Officer over the traditional County Court Bailiffs in that it offers a fast, cost-effective and successful approach to enforcement.

This is because High Court Enforcement Officers are paid on results. Where successful, we will recover the judgment debt, Court costs and interest as well as the authorised enforcement fees.

Where enforcement is unsuccessful the judgment creditor only has to pay the statutory compliance fee (formally abortive fee). No other costs associated with the enforcement process are due.

If you have an outstanding judgment that is above £600 (except where the judgment arises from a regulated agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974), you can instruct us to transfer up (if necessary) the judgment or order to the High Court for enforcement purposes.

Our transfer up service is free of charge, however, there is a £66 Court fee payable to issue the writ.

Next Step…

If you’re ready to begin the transfer up / instruction process or if you have any questions about the service then please select one of the following options: